HiQ have been given the Royal seal of approval by Queen Elizabeth after she visited the network to issue a Bank Holiday safety message to motorists.
In the run up to the national weekend of celebrations for her Diamond Jubilee, HiQ were shocked and surprised to get a visit from her Majesty, minus both Prince Philip and the corgis, in a bid to urge drivers to get free safety checks before hitting the roads over the Bank Holiday.
This particular royal appointment was organised with the aim of education motorists about how important regular health checks on their vehicles are, and subjects can view the HiQ-ueen video on youtube at http://youtu.be/MvrCjer-88A
Bank Holiday driving makes many more demands of drivers and their vehicles. Brakes, steering and batteries are all subject to extremely heavy use and HiQ is offering the free checks to ensure these key areas are fully prepared.
HiQ’s comprehensive eight point Bank Holiday health check covers the following areas:
1. Tyres: checking and adjusting pressures on all five tyres, including tread depth and wheel alignment
2. Battery: check battery and clean and grease terminals.
3. Windscreen: check condition of front and rear wiper blades, washers and headlamps.
4. Lights and horns: check condition of side, tail, main, dip, stop, reverse, indicators, hazard, fog and spot lights
5. Engine: check engine oil and filter, run engine, check for leaks
6. Coolant hose: Inspect hoses and fasteners, radiators and connections, antifreeze and check for leaks
HiQ’s marketing manager Geraldine McGovern said: “We were delighted to welcome our own ‘Queen’ to the network, who seemed to be particularly knowledgeable about the workings of a car. In return for her giving us an extra day’s Bank Holiday, we hope that motorists will return the favour by getting their cars checked ahead of long journeys, in order to keep them safe on the roads.”
For more information about the HiQ fast fit network, visit www.hiqonline.co.uk