Car Insurance – like our taxes is a necessary evil but the taking the time to research providers and source quotes, you could save hundreds of pounds every year.
Nobody should be paying more for their Car Insurance than they need to – the industry is so competitive and the chances are that there’s always someone willing to give you a cheaper quote.
For most people, the annual renewal letter from your existing provider will land on your door mat, telling you to simply pick up the phone to renew your insurance policy. With promises of “saving you even more money” and “giving you the best deal possible”, many people will do just that.
But if you’ve stuck with the same provider for years, the fact is that you’re probably paying out much, much more than you should be. If you only took the time to shop around for the best deal, you could save yourself hundreds of pounds.
In this day and age, the internet is the best tool around to Compare Car Insurance providers. Many insurance companies offer a simple online form where you can get a quote in minutes. Price comparison sites take it one step further and do all the work for you by scouring the industry providers and churning out the best quote for you.
The more and more savvy we all get to searching and fighting for the best quote – the more competitive providers have to be, making it a win, win situation for us all!
Top Tips For Saving On Car Insurance
1. The single biggest way to reduce your premium is to try and hold on to your ‘no claims bonus’ for as long as possible. After a claim you are perceived as a risk and the costs can spiral.
2. Drive a smaller car with a smaller engine as your less likely to be able to reach ridiculous speeds that cause accidents in the first place.
3. Being a woman can also help! Women get offered lower premiums as their accidents are generally less serious – meaning less pay out from the provider.
4. Installing extra security devices on to your vehicle can help, like a car alarm, immobiliser and tracking device.
5. Accept a higher excess penalty if you do have to claim.
6. Some companies offer superb deals when you take out you car, home and contents insurance with them.